In New York City, students apply to high school during their grade 8 year. Current grade 9 students (who are not repeating grade 9) also have the option to apply to programs with grade 10 seats. Learn more by watching our video series, and scroll down for the latest information and updates.
Dear Academy for Scholarship and Entrepreneurship (ASE) High School Scholar Applicant and Parent,
We are so delighted that you chose to visit our website to learn more about becoming a ASE Scholar. Whether you are a middle school student looking for that perfect high school, a high school student looking to transfer for a different high school experience, or a parent hoping to find information that would make this tough choice easier, we are glad you came.
Our ASE community of scholars comes from over 70 different public and private elementary and middle schools from all over the Bronx, Queens, Westchester, and Manhattan, with scholars from all backgrounds, religions and races. While many of our scholars come to us as honor roll students, student council presidents, and sports MVPs, others come to us because they want the opportunity to develop their own identity and their particular strengths and passions in a supportive environment. In any case, this means great things for you if you decide to join our community because you will be in great company. You will have peers who will motivate you academically, influence you to make wise decisions socially, and encourage you to be compassionate leaders for change in the world.
If, after visiting our website, you would like to call us for more information or to set up an appointment to visit, we would love to hear from you. Call or email Ms. Barham in the Recruitment Office at 718-696-3840 Ext 2223 or Yelliotbarham@schools.nyc.gov
In order to register your child into a New York City public school, you and your child must present the following documents:
Senior Director of Recruitment and Development
Mrs. Barham - Community Coordinator
Family Welcome Center Hours
We hope you and yours are well during this challenging time.
Enrollment procedures for the 2022-2023 school year
We look forward to partnering with you to meet your child’s academic needs during this public health crisis. We understand that it is a challenging time and we hope to support you through the pre-registration process.
Please follow the steps below to ensure your child is enrolled in ASE:
Family Welcome Center Hours
Our dedicated staff are available 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday, to support you! Please see the top of this page for how and when to contact us.
Family Welcome Centers will be closed on the following dates:
- Friday, April 15, for Good Friday
- Monday, May 2, for Eid al-Fitr
- Monday, May 30, for Memorial Day
- Monday, June 20, for Juneteenth (observed)
Learn more about each of our locations below.
How to Contact Your Local Family Welcome Center
Find your family's school district at schoolsearch.schools.nyc(Open external link).
IMPORTANT NOTE - When you email us:
- In the body of your message, be sure to include your child's first name, last name, date of birth, and OSIS number,
- Please complete and attach a Student Registration Form(Open external link) to your message (visit our Enrollment Forms page to download this form in your language),
- Include a photo or scan of your government-issued photo ID,
- Include photos or scans of all required documents on the Registration Checklist(Open external link) (scroll down to view or download this form in your language) if your child is new or returning to the NYCDOE,
- Let us know if you need support in another language, and
- Let us know if you (the child's parent/guardian) are deaf or hard-of-hearing.
- Please do NOT include any photographs of students with your message.
- District 8, 11, 12